Introducing my newest Aromatic Adventure- welcome to 'The Sultress' Parfum Naturale- an 100% vegan and natural perfume range using precious aromatic extracts to create authentic perfumes.
Aesthetic Aromatherapy…-this evocative expression is all about the hedonistic blending of aromatics purely for pleasure. As an experienced aromatherapists and formulator I have also studied the finer art and science of perfumery. Inrecent times most of this has been incorporated onto skin care products for commercial clients and creating a base range of aromas to be used with a range of products. However now is the time to expand of this and offer a personalised perfumery bending service. This service is perfect if you want a truly bespoke blend just for you to use and may have incorporated into body care products or to wear as a perfume. I have a collection of over 300 precious plant aromatics to draw on and nothing can compare with the pre strength of natural aromatics.
Essential Oil Aroma Notes
Essential oils are classified according to their ‘note’ in perfumery, which relates to the rate or speed of evaporation of the essential oil. This method of classifying oils this way has been around since the 19th century. The aim of creating a synergistic and aesthetically pleasing blend is to include oils from all of the notes in perfect harmony with each other. The way the notes ‘behave’ in a blend is a careful consideration and will varry over time.
The notes are described as follows:
- Top notes are; Volatile, Evaporate first, give a first impression and leads you into the blend
- Middle notes; Give roundness, complexity and fullness, not as volatile; are Considered the heart of the fragrance and gives ‘body’ to the blend
- Base notes; Last longest; are least volatile; act as fixative; rich and heavy which emerges slowly and lasts the longest
Aromatic Plant Oils can be classified in the following aromatic groupings; floral, minty, oriental, woody, medicinal, herbaceous, earthy, spicy and citrus. Some of these groupings can also blend with each other to compliment each others. Others clash terribly- such as mixing exotic rich jasmine with eucalyptus oil! Perfume concentrations vary depending on the desired strength and these are always higher than percentages used for facial or body care products as perfumes are applied in small amounts to limited body areas. Perfume concentrations range from 3-5%for eau detoillette, from 5-15%for eau de cologne and 15-30% for eau to parfum.
The Sultress Range consists of ten completed perfumes available in either solid or liquid forms and hand made in small batches. You can also purchase solid bases to create your own custom blends with. These bases include shea and murumuru butters with a different plant wax.
- Citrus Mystic- a fresh combination of citrus fruit and leave extracts combined with a woody touch of spice to anchor the blend (solid and spray).
- The Sultress- a hedonistic combination of luxurious floral extracts of jasmine and tuberose combined with sandalwood and vanilla CO2 extract(solid only).
- Moroccan Magic- evocative of the souks of Marrakech where the first note is fresh spearmint and mandarin and evens out into the spicy smokiness of cardamon CO2 and sumac(spray only)
- Fresh Summer- a gender neutral combination of tulsi (sacred basil) with lemon, rose, cedarwood and Rosalina oils (spray only).
- Tangerine Dreams- familiar yet mysterious with red tangerine and green mandarin, neroli, jasmine absolute, Vanilla CO2, and sarsaparilla absolute (spray only).
- Midnight Violet a deeply floral aroma with green base created from violet leaf absolute, rose Otto and absolute, vanilla CO2 and galbanum resin oil (solid only)
- Earth Goddess- earthy and heavy with a touch of sweetness made from ginger CO2, osmanthus absolute, patchouli and cardamom CO2 and spikenard
- Oriental spice-gender neutral blend reminiscent of walking through a spice market with flower stalls. Blends with ginger CO2, pink grapefruit, rare saffron absolute, vetiver rhus and tobacco absolute (spray only)
- Pacific Sunset- white sands, warm sea water and heady florals combine to bring you the pacific with ylnag yang, pink and white lotus absolute with coconut absolute and a touch of Vanilla Co2 (solid only)
- Fougere-implies a mossy, earthy, green aroma (fernlike).
- Citrus-these are mainly related to Eau de cologne type perfume and rely on the citrus oils.
- Chypre-developed in 1917 by Coty and is based on oakmoss, cistus, sandalwood, cedar, vetivert and patchouli. They also have a soft powdery type aroma and often thought of as ‘oriental’.
- Woody- can be warm and rich .
- Amber-these are the soft, vanilla perfumes-may have woody, spicy or citrus notes.
- Leather-usually very dry and masculine with a smoky, burnt wood
- To buy please visit www.fromnature.nz